- R.C. Sproul (via danielasarahy)
Lunches do not fix themselves. Or do they? Given enough time, plenty of matter and the philosophical premise of purely naturalist or drastically reductionist beginnings, could the chemical elements and molecules have formed themselves into me and you and other tiger food? The talk expects viewers to know a pinch of chemistry because it very briefly outlines the current scientific knowledge regarding the origins of life. It gives viewers food for thought and life in that the evidence is best understood within a Christian worldview.
- Robert Rich
Off The Wall
“Mike- you were recently tagged in Glen Beck’s post about being interviewed on his program. Do you realise how many people are upset about this because they despise Glen Beck?! I am disappointed that you did the interview because I want nothing to do with Beck. It’s a travesty.” Posted by Tobey Gloss, 3:20 pm, 9/25/2014
I’m not so sure we agree on the definition of a “travesty.” To me, a travesty is what happens when the state executes an innocent man, or sets a guilty one free. A travesty is ignoring a bully, or betraying the public trust. A travesty is not what happens when Mike Rowe talks publicly to someone that Tobey Gloss doesn’t like. That’s called a “conversation.”
…..Thanks for the feedback, and have a great weekend.
“I officially declare my business, The Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range, a MUSLIM FREE ZONE. I have made this decision based on the following FACTS,”
1) The Koran (which I have read and studied thoroughly and (which all muslims align themselves with), contains 109 verses commanding hate, murder and terror against all human beings who refuse to submit or convert to Islam.
2) My life has been threatened repeatedly by muslims who are angry that I have studied their koran, know it better than most of them, and am exposing the vileness of their so called “holy book” and its murderous directives.
3) The barbaric act of beheading an innocent American in Oklahoma by a muslim, the Boston bombings, and the murder of 3000 innocent people on 9/11 are more than enough loss of life on my home soil at the hands of muslims to substantiate that muslims can and will follow the directives in their Koran and kill here at home.
4) Because the nature of my business involves firearms and shooting in an enclosed environment, my patrons are not comfortable being around muslims with guns. (can you blame them?)
5) My range rents and sells guns to my patrons. Why would I want to rent or sell a gun and hand ammunition to someone who aligns himself with a religion that commands him to kill me?
6) The muslim brotherhood has a documented plan for the destruction of America from within, discovered by our own government during a raid of MB operatives in America. In addition, the civilization jihad under way in my country by American muslims. In a number of states Muslims, through our legal system, are trying to force us to accept Sharia Law over Constitutional law.
I do not wish to do business with people who stand against the Constitution and are fighting to replace it.
7) Muslims, who belong to and or support ISIS, are threatening to kill innocent Americans. Muslims, who belong to or support AL Qaeda, are threatening to kill innocent Americans. Muslims who belong to or support HAMAS are threatening to kill innocent Americans.
See a common thread here?
8) Islam allows Muslims to kill their own children (honor killing) if the behavior of those children embarrasses or dishonors the family name. ( did you know that dating outside of the faith is justification for murdering their daughters and this has already occurred on American soil?) Why would I want people who believe its okay to murder their own children, be in the presence of other children? My patrons often bring their kids to the range to teach them to shoot. I am responsible for providing a safe environment for those children to learn gun safety and shooting sports.
9) In the 14 hundred year history, muslims have murdered over 270 million people. Not all muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists in the world right now are muslim. Since you can’t determine by visual assessment, which ones will kill you and which ones will not, I am going to go with the line of thought that ANY HUMAN BEING who would either knowingly or unknowingly support a “religion” that commands the murder of all people who refuse to submit or convert to that religion, is not someone I want to know or do business with. I hold adults accountable for the religion they align themselves with.
- Jan Morgan
- - Ravi Zacharias
Mr Nolen stabbed Colleen Hufford, 54, severing her head, Sgt Lewis said.
Sgt Lewis said Mr Nolen then stabbed Traci Johnson, 43, a number of times before being shot by Mark Vaughan, a reserve sheriff’s deputy and the company’s chief operating officer.
“This was not going to stop if he (Mark Vaughn) didn’t stop it. It could have gotten a lot worse,” Sgt Lewis said.
- It’s the reality of a fallen world. Evil has to be stopped.
Local newspaper McCurtain Gazette reports (no online edition is available):
A classmate of Nolen’s, who didn’t wish to be identified, told this newspaper that he spoke to a close family member of Nolen’s today.
He told this newspaper that according to the family member, Nolen was telling coworkers Thursday of an Islamic teaching that said women should be stoned for an offense, and that an argument followed the mark, Nolen was later fired and returned later Thursday, when he beheaded Colleen Hufford, the family member said.
- Wake up America, the true war on women is revealing itself.
Up until the first publication of the ENCODE project, it was generally believed that only about 2% of the human genome was functional. The ENCODE project has changed all of that. It is now apparent that at least 80% of the genome is functional. In other words, the vast proportion of DNA has the potential to be transcribed and modified. This encrypted information and sophisticated control resides in what has been called the Epigenome. This talk brings us up to date with current knowledge and discusses the implications of these new findings for Darwinism and Design
How life on earth began remains a question unexplained in terms of pure naturalism. Since it is a vital part of the pan-evolutionary Grand Narrative, experimental as well as model studies and reviews are numerous. This talk categorises the various reductionist approaches to this ultimately unobservable beginning. Of late, non-reductionist non-theistic philosophies have been introduced in origin of life explanations. This is also addressed. The Christian critique shows that what we scientifically know about chemical processes and properties of matter strongly suggests that a creative, living influence is needed in order to create life.
The Bible insists that Christians “no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking.” (Ephesians 4:17) and urges us “to not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” (Romans 12:2). Thinking differently and consequently living differently from those who do not acknowledge Jesus as Saviour and Lord of their lives should be a key characteristic of those who call themselves Christians.
Click here to continue reading this article.
For many intellectuals, the narrative of the Fall in Genesis 3 draws only mockery. They decry it as a silly and, at the same time, scandalous story. They read it as a mythical tale of a talking snake, in which God, humans, and animals “communicate,” as an at best pre-rational, or even irrational, story. They find in the text good reasons to label God (if He should exist) as intolerably violent, as an excessive judge and an oppressive avenger in his ruthless pursuit of humans who legitimately seek to escape their godly imprisonment.